Monday, July 20, 2009

Franklin post 2.

 
Hey everyone! Thank you for visiting my blog. It's been a great experience being up here in Franklin. I'm enjoying having no distractions and the "one-on-one" time with the family. Everything we've done up here has been memorable, and I'm excited to keep going. 
Here are some pictures.


This is a house (I mean castle) we passed by on the road. 


 



The sign of a pretty farm.  Jimmy Gentry is a veteran of World War II.  You can read more about him at  http://www.franklinsprings.com/films/jimmygentry/
You can read more about Gentry's Farm at 
http://gentryfarm.com/
 


An awesome little restaurant on Franklin Main Street. 
Us in front of Carnton Antebellum Plantation. 




This is a weaving loom in the servant's house at Carnton Plantation.






Inside the old house.



 We took a walk inside this beautiful garden outside of Carnton Plantation (1847).







A grapevine growing on top of an archway.




I don't know what this is, but it was in the garden. (A pear maybe?)


A big open field. It had been a Civil War field hospital during the Battle of Franklin.






A graveyard from the Battle of Franklin (Nov. 30, 1864). If you would like to learn more about Carnton Plantation or the Battle of Franklin, please visit www.carnton.org.
McGavock Confederate Cemetery at Carnton Plantation.



I picked this flower when we went on a walk. 




Tea time.



This is the water tower at "The Factory at Franklin," an indoor shopping and dining complex of eleven depression era buildings renovated to become a "National Register of Historic Places" property.



Another mountain shot.


I saw these horses and thought they were pretty.




Another random shot. 

Thanks for looking. More to come! Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Emily! I'm glad you're having a good time on vacation. Thanks for updating everyone. Franklin looks very historic and peaceful. Tell everyone hi! See you soon.
Love,
Aunt Kelly

Karen Eddy said...

Emily, Joanna had to stop showing me your photos because I became more envious with every shot. Tell your mother that we missed you all yesterday but I wish I was there! continue to have a great time, but not too great.

Karen Eddy

Anonymous said...

Beautyful pics. You are doing a great job with your blog keeping us informed. Grandaddy wants to know when we are moving. Ha Ha!
Keep having a wonderful time.
Luve to the whole family.
Nema & Grandaddy

Emily N said...

Awe thank you everyone for all your comment's I really appreciate it!
LOVE
Emily.

Swagbucks.com Button

Search & Win

Swagbucksbox1220